Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Middleton Mike Middleton is offline

Default Will Solver do the job?

Mark -

In addition to the examples in the SolvSamp workbook (available on your hard
drive if you have installed Solver from the CD), there are more examples
available on the Solver web site:

Distribution Examples:
http://www.solver.com/discenter.htm

Scheduling Examples:
http://www.solver.com/schcenter.htm

Larger problems may exceed the capacity of standard Solver (200 adjustable
cells), but Frontline Systems provide more advanced versions of Solver.

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Mark" wrote in message

Just a question.......Work related.

Basically my job involves scheduling deliveries to customers at various
sites from various distribution points. The drivers work for a set number
of
hours on their shift.

Will Solver be the tool to build myself a spreadsheet where I can enter
into
it delivery points, distribution points, time each delivery takes. And
get
solver to provide me with the best distribution point for each customer
and
also which deliveries a particular driver can make within his 12 hour day?