Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Default Will Solver do the job?

This is a classic Operations Research problem. Yes, Solver will work unless
you overwhelm it with scores of routes, destinations, drivers.

"Mark" wrote:

Just a question.......Work related.

Basically my job involves scheduling deliveries to customers at various
sites from various distribution points. The drivers work for a set number of
hours on their shift.

Will Solver be the tool to build myself a spreadsheet where I can enter into
it delivery points, distribution points, time each delivery takes. And get
solver to provide me with the best distribution point for each customer and
also which deliveries a particular driver can make within his 12 hour day?