Isaiah25

Is there a way also to do a selective average based on the same data? There
is a beginning date column and an ending date column for each entry and they
want an average duration for for all cases in any given month.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

we all aim to please

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Isaiah25" wrote in message
Don's solution worked... Thank you. I also tried Bob's and ran into an
issue when I tried to incorporate YEAR into the same logic. I have

learned
from you both, and thank you both VERY MUCH for your quick responses.

Thank you.

"Isaiah25" wrote:

Column D contains a large number of rows of dates (in random order).
Column F contains a text status ("open" or "closed").

I would like to create a series of four columns:

01/2005 10 8 2
02/2005 12 9 3
03/2005 11 7 4

wherein:
the first column is the criterion for counting,
the second column is the number of entries for the target month,
the third column is the number of open cases, and
the fourth column is the number of closed cases.