Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dhstein dhstein is offline

Default What is the formula to capture username from system into excel

Dave, Bob,

I've been searching for this information - the "ENVIRON" statement that
you show below. I had an Access problem and now you helped me solve it - so
thank you. BTW the line should be UserNameWindows = Environ("USERNAME")

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

That is not a formula, that is a UDF. Add tat to a standarad VBA code
module, and in the worksheet in some cell add

=UserNameWindows()

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dave VB logic for excel"
wrote in message ...
Hello,

im working on excel sheet which use by multiple user. I want a perticular
cell in sheet to capture the username whenever they open the sheet. i've
questioned this before and i was give the formula below. I tried copy
paste
the formula into vb section of excel sheet but doesnt seem to work. In the
formula there's no cell reference. So where the system will capture the
username into xecel sheet?

Function UserNameWindows() As String
UserName = Environ("USERNAME")
End Function