Alan Beban

I don't know why that would be, but if you'd like to furnish an email
address I'll send you my email address so you could email me a samplce
file if you'd like.

Alan Beban

Tosca wrote:
Thank you Alan for the rapid response. I've just had a quick "play" and
can't get it to work as I need - but I'll persist!

Thank you once again.

"Alan Beban" wrote in message

In my first response in this thread (which I copied to you in your other
thread) I indicated the following for pairs of rows rather than triples,
to be array entered into a cell and copied down as many rows as there are
rows in Tbl2:

=IF(ISNA(INDEX(INDEX(Tbl2,ROW(A1),0),1,MATCH($I$ 2,INDEX(Tbl2,ROW(A1),0),0)+1)),"",INDEX(INDEX(Tbl2 ,ROW(A1),0),1,MATCH($I$2,INDEX(Tbl2,ROW(A1),0),0)+ 1))

For triples, if you simply change the final 1 to {1,2} and array enter it
into a 2-cell row before copying it down, it will produce your desired
result.

Harlan Grove suggested that the ISNA. . . portion of the formula be
replaced by COUNTIF(INDEX(Tbl2,ROW(A1),0),$I$2)=0, producing
=IF(COUNTIF(INDEX(Tbl2,ROW(A1),0),$I$2)=0,"",IND EX(INDEX(Tbl2,ROW(A1),0),1,MATCH($I$2,INDEX(Tbl2,R OW(A1),0),0)+{1,2}))

Note that the formula does not depend on the number of sets of triples
(although you would obviously have to change the cell where the lookup
value resides, $I$2 in this version of the formula, if your data extended
out to include that cell); that is, it does not depend on the number of
columns in Tbl2. Nor does it depend on the number of rows in Tbl2.

The equivalent formula for those who use the functions from the freely
downloadable file at http:/home.pacbell.net/beban is the following, array
entered into a 2-cell row:

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(INDEX(ArrayMatch($I$2,Tbl2,"A") ,ROW(A1),1)),0,1,,2)

Alan Beban