Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lori Miller Lori Miller is offline

Default Copy a calculated date in EXCEL as text

If you actually want the calculated dates copied in TEXT format, try this...

preformat the number format of the cells to copy to as TEXT.
using the Office Clipboad (Edit menu), copy and paste the dates IN PLACE
now select the new cells and choose Edit Paste Special as TEXT.

(another method is to copy the dates to notepad and back again.)

"martinPP" wrote:

I've calculated a date in Excel using a formula. I want to copy the result as
TEXT into another cell. How do I do this?