Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How to capture Username into specific cells

To return the currently logged in username copy/paste this Function to a
General module in your workbook.

Function User()
Application.Volatile
User = Environ("UserName")
End Function

In any cell on a worksheet enter =User() to return the name of whoever
has the workbook open currently.

This may not supply you with what you need.

Do you want a list of all users who have opened the workbook?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:56:22 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Hello Guys,

I've read most of the solution given for the problems. Very impresive
and to be honest you guys very intelligent.

I have a little problem which i believe you guys might be able to give
th perfect solution.

I'm working on excel sheet for my department which gathering
information from various user. I've drafted a row for user id.
Currently they type in manually but i want that cell to capture the
username from system or ms office. So what is formula and where should
i add the formula? If there's formula i need to add in vb module, what
is the formula i need to add in the cell?

Thanks in advanced guys.