Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How do I keep my formatting when linking cells in diff. sheets

If I name a range on a different sheet, I can use that name in the
Format|conditional format|rules.

In xl2003, there's only 3 CF rules (plus the normal format) that I can use. So
it's limited.

L. Davis wrote:

I don't believe you can use Conditional formating on different worksheets.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You don't by using a link only.

Maybe format both cells with identical Conditional Formatting?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 10:35:01 -0700, L. Davis <L.
wrote:

I understand how to link a cell to another cell in a different worksheet.
How do I link the formatting of that link cell as well?

--

Dave Peterson