Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Intermittant problem

I don't know the cause and haven't worked with 2007 long enough to see the
problem arise.

No idea where to go from here.

Anybody?

Gord

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 14:20:01 -0700, BoomerD
wrote:

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Always vertical, not horizontal certainly rules out being in Extended mode
as others have suggested.

If using Excel 2007 it has been reported that changing the Zoom level a bit
will stop the multi-cell selection.

Now THIS is odd.
At 80%, it selects 2 cells.
At 90% it selects 3 cells.
At 100 and 110% it selects 4 cells.
At 120%, it only selects 1 cell.

What the heck causes this?
It doesn't happen in all spreadsheets, but once it happens in one, it ALWAYS
happens in that sheet, and in the same place.(s)
Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 12:22:00 -0800, BoomerD
wrote:

In some of my spread sheets, when I click on a single cell, Excel highlights
multiple connecting cells at the same time. (sometimes two, three, or four)
Always vertically, not horizontally.

What causes this, and how can I fix it?
(it's really a pain in the...and makes working on individual cells difficult.)