Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default Modify Excel (2003) code for Network environment

I'm late to the party, but did you try this code? What are you trying
to do with it?
--JP

On Feb 20, 9:31*am, JMay wrote:
I need to deliever an application to a network-type business client who
running MSO 2003 (all apps, including Outlook and Excel). *The below code
works fine on my in-house Single user PC (Everything is on drive C:). *The
below code is working great on my single user system. *What are the issues I
can expect when I try and run this code "AS-IS" installed on his PC - where
his incoming mail is somehow on the mysterious "mail server", etc.. *I'm at a
loss as to what to do if this code doesn't work once I copy the excel file to
his hard drive and run it. *Can someone assist me? *Thanks in advance....

Sub GetFromInbox()

* * Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
* * Dim olNs As Namespace
* * Dim Fldr As MAPIFolder
* * Dim olMail As Variant
* * Dim i As Integer
* * Dim C As Range
* * Dim TempName As String
* * Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
* * Set olNs = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
* * Set Fldr = olNs.Folders("Personal
Folders").Folders("Inbox").Folders("DailyReports")

* * * * Range("C5:E200").ClearContents

* * For Each olMail In Fldr.Items
* * * * TempName = Mid(olMail.Subject, 13, WorksheetFunction.Find("(",
olMail.Subject) - 14)
* * * * With ActiveSheet.Range(Range("B5"), Range("B5").End(xlDown))
* * * * Set C = .Find(What:=TempName, LookAt:=xlWhole, _
* * * * LookIn:=xlValues, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns)
* * * * End With
* * * * With ActiveSheet
* * * * If Not C Is Nothing Then
* * * * * * C.Offset(0, 1).Value = olMail.ReceivedTime
* * * * End If
* * * * End With

* * Next olMail
* * Set Fldr = Nothing