MWDixon

To prevent the auto-creation of the Links, you can go to
ToolsAutoCorrectOptionsAutoFormat as You Type and uncheck the checkbox
Replace as you type: Internet and network paths with hyperlinks.

The simplest way I can think of to remove the hyperlinks off of a long list
after they are created, would be to copy the range of cells, go to a blank
part of the sheet and EditPaste SpecialValues (you can leave the other
settings at their default). You can then immediately do a cut and regular
paste back to the original range of cells

"Wowie" wrote:

In Excel, when you type an e-mail address into a cell, it turns into a link.
How do I correct it so that when I enter the e-mail address, it doesn't turn
blue and become a link? The only two methods I've discovered by
experimentation are to put an apostrophe at the beginning of the address, or
to type the address, hit enter, and then immediately click "undo" before
typing the next e-mail address. Both these methods are cumbersome. Is there
a way to highlight an entire column of e-mail addresses that have already
been entered, and change them so that they are no longer a link? Thank you!
Sherrie Holmes