Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
acetoolguy acetoolguy is offline

Default lunch break!! well..how to figure

I am new at this but I should have caught that too....works perfectly, thanks
to you both.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Since you have your data laid out horizontally, I think Fred meant to write
his formula this way (he gave you the formula as if your data were laid out
vertically)...

=(B1-A1)*24-C1

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"acetoolguy" wrote in message
when i tried that all i get is the value in cell A. in my example a 7,
where
i want total hours for the day which is 91/2 or 9.5 or even 930 might
work. I
can do it by hand if I have too.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Your problem is that you are mixing decimal hours with times. Had you
showed
the formula you are using, it would have been much easier to point you in
the proper direction of a solution. Without it, my guess is you want:
=(a2-a1)*24-a3
Format as general or a number.

Regards,
Fred.

"acetoolguy" wrote in message
I was a row that looks this..

Arrival Departure Lunch total hours
7:00 am 5:00 pm .5 9.5

I cant seem to get the 1/2 hour lunch to deduct. I have 5 pm - 7am =10
ok

Its a line on an invoice so it also needs to be clear, no military time
for
example.
Thanks for any help...