Wowie

Default How do I stop e-mail address from turning into link in Excel?

In Excel, when you type an e-mail address into a cell, it turns into a link.
How do I correct it so that when I enter the e-mail address, it doesn't turn
blue and become a link? The only two methods I've discovered by
experimentation are to put an apostrophe at the beginning of the address, or
to type the address, hit enter, and then immediately click "undo" before
typing the next e-mail address. Both these methods are cumbersome. Is there
a way to highlight an entire column of e-mail addresses that have already
been entered, and change them so that they are no longer a link? Thank you!
Sherrie Holmes