Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jack Sons Jack Sons is offline

Default coloring cells that contain formula

Hi all,

In a website I found this:

At some time, you may wish to add color to all the cells in your worksheet
that contain formulas by coloring those cells. Follow these steps:
It is interesting to note that you don't have to create a VBA macro to use
the conditional formatting route, if you don't want to. Instead, you can
follow these steps if you are using a version of Excel prior to Excel 2007:

1.. Press Ctrl+F3. Excel displays the Define Name dialog box.
2.. In the Names field (at the top of the dialog box), enter a name such
as FormulaInCell.
3.. In the Refers To field (at the bottom of the dialog box), enter the
following:
4.. =GET.CELL(48,INDIRECT("rc",FALSE))
5.. Click OK.
A few questions:

What is the Dutch language version (translation) of the formula in line 4?

I do not understand how the first argument of CELL can be a number. I
thought it should be an infotype between "", like "notation" or "row"
(translated from Dutch).

When I substitute the "rc" with the Dutch "R1K1" the part
INDIRECT("rc",FALSE) seams to result (with F9) always in the value of cell
A1. I don't understand that either.

In fact I don't understand anything (!) of the formula in line 4.
I would appreciate if anybody would shed light on it.

Jack Sons
The Netherlands