Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Barnes Bob Barnes is offline

Default Maximum Names - (Insert - Define)

Charles - thank you.

My App will have between 5200 - 5500 Names.
We get wonderful results using Access-to-Excel automation.

The reason..heavy analysis in a Manufacturing App
feeding Pareto Charts.

I'll test its capability within the next week, and 100%
everything. I'm optimistic it will work well...I'll make
a point to Post how this worked...might be in 2 weeks
as I'm working on other Projects.

"Charles Williams" wrote:

I tested this the other day and managed to create 66000 names, but neither
the Excel 2007 Name Manager nor mine and Jan Karel's name manager would work
properly with this many.

Personally I think a sensible limit is 5000 to 10000, above that things
become difficult to manage.

As a matter of interest, how many did you want to create and why do you need
that many?

Download Name Manager from
http://www.decisionmodels.com/downloads.htm

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

"Bob Barnes" wrote in message
Looked in Help and searched this Newsgroup...but
didn't find anything.

Is there a maximum number of Names you can define
in a Workbook?

TIA - Bob