Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
houghi houghi is offline

Default Go back to the previous excel file

I have the following macro that works great:
Sub OpenData()
ChDir "Y:\somewhere"
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"Y:\somehwere\Tables.xls"
Windows("calculation.xls").Activate
End Sub

This works as long as the macro is run in the file "calculation.xls".
How can I change it so that it will return to the file from which the
macro has been launched? I uderstand that I could change the name
"calculation.xls" each time for a new file, but I am sure that I and
others will sometimes forget and then have to go manually to that file.

Or is it possible to open the file "Y:\somehwere\Tables.xls" without it
going to the front?

houghi