Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rezendes Rezendes is offline

Default Tolerances in a temperature chart - conditional formatting - h

Thank you Bernard!

If you would be so kind, I have a follow up question because I am unable to
create one additional CF rule. For reference, my actual tolerance is +- 1°C.
With your help, my spreadsheet now shows temps that are too low in blue, too
high in red - thank you!

I'd like to add one more CF rule where the cell values X (when compared to
column A) are yellow under these conditions (both positive and negative -
perhaps using absolute value?): 1X.5

My trial and error attempts have all been errors to this point!
Thank you again for your invaluable assistance!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

My first reference value is in A2 (that has -5)
I selected B2:K11 and in the Conditional Formatting dialog used
Formula Is =B2-$A23 and set font colour to red
For the second one I used
Formula Is =$A2-B23 and set font colour to blue
You must have numbers in all cells
but you could use Custom Format of: 0 "°C" to display -5 as -5°C
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rezendes" wrote in message
I am testing 10 thermometers and using Excel for my data. There is a +/-3°
allowable tolerance. Column A is my set scale (-5°C to +5°C) and columns B
through K are my result figures for these devices. I'd like to
conditionally
format the cells of the results that are too low (-3) blue and if they
are
too high (+3) format the red.

Thank you for your help in advance!