Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marissa Marissa is offline

Default Keeping Formula variable constant when adding new column

I have a worksheet where I need to maintain totals from each previous week
and track changes from week to week. For example: The current week's totals
reside in column G. Previous week's totals reside in column Q. I have a
calculation in Column H to track the changes from Column Q to G. A column is
inserted each week to replace the data in Column Q. When I insert the new
column to replace the data in Column Q the variable in Column H changes to
account for the movement. So instead of having =G5 - Q5 in Cell H5 when the
new column is inserted the formula in H5 changes to =G5-R5. Is there a way
to keep the formula constant to G5-Q5? Thank you!