Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Burt Burt is offline

Default scenarios and pivot tables

Hi.

I have data on one sheet that when changed, updates data on another sheet
which in turn updates a pivot table. I also have a 4th sheet that take info
from the pivot tables.

I want to create scenarios that show me changes to the 4th sheet when i
update values on sheet 1. The problem is scenarios dont seem to work across
multiple sheets. If I have the data from the 4th sheet onto sheet 1 (to get
over this issue), the results dont change as pivot tables to refresh
automatically.

So....is there a way of getting pivot tables to update automatically when
values change (for which the pivot tables get its info from).

1 other queston. the need for the 4th sheet was to get a value from the
pivot tables and produce a formula with it. To avoid this, is there a way
that I can put formulas into the pivot table? e.g. where a value would
appear in the pivot table, change it so that value is divided by the grand
total in that column?