John Mansfield

Mark,

Jon Peltier and Andy Pope have provided some further input on how the code
could be improved. These techniques work better that what I originally
posted. Please take a look at the comments related to this post:

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._a_line_chart/

----------------------------
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"John Mansfield" wrote:

Mark,

I tried to put something together but I'm not too thrilled with the
functionality. In any event, in addition to Jon's article maybe this can
help:

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._a_line_chart/

John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Mark Stephens" wrote:

I have a line chart with a number of series. You know how if you mouse over
a line a tool tip shows showing the value, that tells me that excel can
detect the mouse over event over a line. Is it then possible to use this
capability to change the colour of the line whilt the mouse is over it? The
effect I am after is a glow when the mouse is over a particular line on the
chart.

Any help would be much appreciated as it will be a cool effect.

Kind regards, Mark Stephens