Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sherri Sherri is offline

Default Find resulting text in column of functions

I am looking for the first nonblank in the column. The name will be
different and in a different row every time. Some columns will have more
than one name which I will need to access, but I am pretty sure I could do
that after I figure out how to get the first one. Does that help?
Sherri

"GSnyder" wrote:

Sherri,

I'm a little confused. Can you clarify a little more? When you say you're
looking for "that name," are you looking for a specific name out of many or
are you looking for the first nonblank "" name in that column?

Can you perhaps provide an example?

Thanks!

"Sherri" wrote:

Cells A3:A100 each contain a formula which will result in either a name or "
". How can I retreive that name when I don't know which row it will be in.
I have many columns of similar formulas and each name will appear in a
different row.
I have tried the lookup, but because each cell contains a formula, I believe
it considers every cell not blank. I hope this is clear.

Thanks,