Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
denise denise is offline

Default Need Text columns to pull into subtotal lines

I just got it to work after playing with it. This is going to be a time
saver- thank you so much.
--
Denise

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

You can try something like this. Highlight the range and then hit F5
Special Blanks. This will highlight all blank cells. Now just do = up +
arrow key and Control Enter.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Denise" wrote in message
I have an extensive spreadsheet that has both text and number columns. I
need some of the text columns to "sub-total" on the line I do sub-totals
on.
EX:

GPS GPS Jim Offshore 100.00
GPS GPS Jim Offshore 300.00
Jim Total 400.00

When I do the subtotal by name I would also like the "GPS", "GPS" and
"Offshore" wording to pull into the subtotal line. How can I do this?
--
Denise