Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Find previous number and find next number in column

In D2 enter =IF(C2="",IF(D1="",CELL("address",C1),D1),"")
Copy down the column
I'll let you do Part 2 <grin
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"DoubleZ" wrote in message
In Excel 2007, in column C I have some cells that contain numbers and some
cells that are blank. In column D, for every blank cell in column C I
need
to return the cell reference of the previous cell containing a number.
For
instance, if C10 is 5, c11 is blank, and c12 is blank, then i need d11 to
return "$C$10" and I need d12 to also return "$C$10". D10 should be blank
since C10 contained a number.

In column E, I need to do the same thing except I need the next non-blank
cell returned rather than the previous.