Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dbsocal dbsocal is offline

Default Overwritten Equations

Hi,

In one of my worksheets, some cells are overwriting the equations with the
equation value - but this is not happening in all of the cells.

For instance, in cell A1, when I type "+12000/12", the cell contents become
"1000".
In cell, B1, when I type "+12000/12", the cell contents become "=+12000/12".
However, in cell A1, when I type "=12000/12", the cell contents are
"=12000/12".

Why is this happening and how do I fix it? This only seems to happen in one
specific workbook (and, unfortunately, there is too much data and formatting
to re-create the file).

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
--
Thanks