Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
driller driller is offline

Default Excel charts

BDB,

since your desire a Chart to FIND the trend of points via *either symbol
shape or symbol color*, it may be easier if you re-group the series of points
BASED on their respective classified zone and excel can help to provide you
with auto-symbol that represent each zone.

--
regards,

"BDB" wrote:

Is there a way to choose either a symbol or color for points in a plot
according to a value in a field?

Here is what I'm trying to do:
I'm plotting depth vs porosity for some rock samples. In the file I'm using
I also have a 'zone' associated with each sample. I'd like to use that zone
column to determine either symbol shape or symbol color so I can see trends
for individual zones in the bigger plot.

Can this be done?

Thanks for the help