Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default data entry form

Hi,

You might need to consider VBA. In that case we are going to have to see a
sample of the input area and the spec worksheet. How will you know which
record should be modified? In general you do that through a primary key - a
unique identifier, what will the identifier be in your case?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"AJ" wrote:

I have what I perceive a difficult problem, I've read posts about pushing
data etc.

I don't know exactly what my question is, but I'll explain my problem,
hopefully someone will have an idea how to resolve my issue.

my company is FDA regulated, so I have to assure that records can not be
modifed. I have created a worksheet that has about 400 rows, each row is an
individual product specification. The rest of my workbook pulls the
information from this spec sheet to create our batch records.

I need a way to secure this spec page so that I know only one row (product
spec) can be modified at a time.

I was thinking on the lines of a data entry page that when finished will
"upload" the new information to the row on the spec worksheet, but after
reading post about "pushing data" I don't know if this is possible. I looked
for ways to have the entire worksheet locked to only unlock one row at a time
and found nothing there.

I'm open to suggestions of any kind, I will just thourough instructions as
I'm quite the novice here.

Thanks in advance.
--
AJ