Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Formatting cell for state abbreviations

Hi Bernard,

In Word you can press Undo to back out of the AutoCorrect, however, in Excel
you will end up removing the ME. The solution is to press ME "space" and
then press Undo and Enter.

By the way I checked back as far as office 2000 and ME is not in AutoCorrect
by default.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

This is a AutoCorrect item for people who mistype the word "Me" (as in me
myself)
Tools | Autocorrect; locate and remove this entry -- remember it will effect
all Office apps
OR: after Excel gives you Me, use CTRL+Z to undo
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LovesArt247" wrote in message
I am unable to format cell to accept ME, the abbreviation for Maine. It
continues to revert to a lowercase "E" as in "Me" while other states such
as
NH, VA and LA maintain their uppercase second letter. What am I doing
wrong?
Thank you
--
LovesArt247