Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Brown[_5_] Gary Brown[_5_] is offline

Default VLOOKUP problem

Tools Options Error Checking Settings
Uncheck the checkbox 'Enable Background Error Checking'
or
Tools Options Error Checking Rule
Uncheck the checkbox 'Evaluates to Error Value'

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"Tom" wrote:

Trying a vlookup formula one set of paroduct numbers has a little green
triganle in the upper left corner of the cell. The formula returns our
friend #N/A. I have tried formatting the entires (one is sent as text, the
other as general) as text (both) General (both) and as numbers. There ae no
trailing zeros or other odd spaces characters or what not. If I copy one
number to the other spreadsheet , it works but when you have several
hundereds of rows, that's not practical.

Any thought on what is problem/fix is here??

Thanx