Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default separate names and designation from one cell into 2 colmun

If you are starting with a text file you may be better starting the process
in a text editor, changing semi-colons to paragraph marks or something which
will give a new row when you pull it into Excel.
Then you can use Data/ Text to Columns to split at the hyphen.
--
David Biddulph

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I used Data|text to columns and succeeded few steps. There are few problems
as follows:
1- It gives the result in one row not in 2 columns. how can I fix this?
2- Number of entries goes beyond the number of columns limit and some data
is lost. It is not easy to find the truncated location and try again.
--
R. Khoshravan
Please click "Yes" if it is helpful.

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I have copied a list of employee names and their designation into Excel.
All
list appear in one cell. There are about 500 names. Names are followed by
employee designation. The format is as follows:
"name-designation;name-designation" and repeats for 500 names
I want to have names in one column and designation in second column
separated.