Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Need Text columns to pull into subtotal lines

Hi,

Are you using the Data, Subtotal command? If so there is no way to do this
unless your resort to VBA or manually entering a formula.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Denise" wrote:

I have an extensive spreadsheet that has both text and number columns. I
need some of the text columns to "sub-total" on the line I do sub-totals on.
EX:

GPS GPS Jim Offshore 100.00
GPS GPS Jim Offshore 300.00
Jim Total 400.00

When I do the subtotal by name I would also like the "GPS", "GPS" and
"Offshore" wording to pull into the subtotal line. How can I do this?
--
Denise