Alan

"NICK" wrote in message

Hi All

I have been asked to model cashflows for a company for 30 years
monthly (i.e. 360 data calculation cells). The calculations are
complicated and cannot be replicated going down the page as 256

cells
is not enough for the calculations.

Therefore, I feel my only option is to use two sheets (or two

books?)
however, there are obviously issues with this too:
a) if a change is needed it must be replicated in two sheets;
b) linking the first cell in the second sheet will be a unique

formula
equalling the last of the first sheet
etc...

Has anyone had any experience with this and can suggest what the

most
efficient solution is?

Regards
Nick

Hi Nick,

I think you need to go back and explore the business requirements for
a model that uses monthly periods for 30 years.

I find it very hard to imagine that there is a rational business case
for such an effort - who really thinks that the forecast for period
356 will be accurate enough to matter to the month?

Three years by month (tactical outlook for most organisations) and
then quarterly or annually should really be the rational solution.

If worst comes to worst, then you *could* do 20 years by month if you
really have to.

HTH,

Alan

..