Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Help generating score from finishing position

Or, taking a hint from Driller's post:

=92-A1*2

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Assuming the trend is linear (-2 for each increment of 1):

A1 = finishing position (1 thru 43)

Enter this formula in B1:

=90-A1*2+2

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dan" wrote in message
I use a work sheet to track and calculate racing scores. I have an area
were
I have to manually input the scores after I calculate them from the
finishing
position. What I would like to be able to do is just enter the finishing
position in a cell and have it calculate the score in the same or
adjoining
cell. I'm not sure what kind of formula or function to use for this. 1 =
90,
2 = 88, 3 = 86, 4 = 84 and so on to 43rd. Can anyone offer any help.
Thanks

--
Dan