Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Averaging numbers in a column while excluding blank spaces and zer

Hi,

One way is

=SUMIF(G:G,"0")/COUNTIF(G:G,"0")

or use the array

=AVERAGE(IF(G:G0,G:G,""))

to make it an array press Shift+Ctrl+Enter to enter it, not Enter.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"c. murphy" wrote:

I am using office 2003 and have the numbers 0, 0, 5, 0, 0, 5, 0, 0, 5, 0, 0,
5 in column G. How do I average only those blocks that contain a number
greater than zero no matter what blocks in that column might contain a number
greater than zero?

Thank You