Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gator gator is offline

Default Function writing help

Trying to figure out how to write a function for the following issue:
I want to have a cell that reads from another (first) cell the number and
then report action based on the number in the first cell. It needs to
consider first if the cell has a 0 in it should then report a 0, If it is
not a 0 it then needs to run the equation 269.9+(9.538*F7). The function
I have at this point is =IF(D7=0, "0","269.9+(9.538*F7)") the problem is
that the first part works and it reports 0 as it should but if I put
another number in get the equation printed rather than it running the
equation.