Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Striker Striker is offline

Default EXCEL 07 Sort

I have a spreadsheet that comes to me daily with about 60K rows in it. One
of the columns has cells with 15 digit numbers in it formatted as text. I
need to do a sort by the last two numbers in that cell, and then subtotal
the number for each sorted group.

For instance, in the group below, I need to sort so the numbers ending in 01
are together and then subtotaled as 2. Then the 12 are sorted together and
subtotaled as 1.

234568975612401
123456789101112
674368465782701

I have never seen a number in this column begining with a 0, so not sure why
it is text, but I could easily cahnge to a big integer if it is easier to
sort or subtotal that way.

Thanks for any help.