Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default "Last cell" in Excel 2003 is way past end of data, how do i fix?

The most common cause of the last cell being set outside the worksheet range
that is currently in use is excessive formatting. When you format whole rows
and columns, some types of formatting can cause the last cell to be set to a
cell far below or to the right of the actual range that is in use.

Try to select the extra rows and choose Edit-Clear All
Repeat with Columns, if required.

Test by GoTo-Special and choose Current Region...

"silverfox52" wrote:

When I use "Go To", "Special", "Last cell" in my spread sheet, the cursor
goes many rows past the end of the data. ie. about 36 rows past the last data
row.

This is a problem because when I import this data into a blank Access table
all 43 rows are imported (36 are blank) and the import gives me an error
message.

I've tried deleting from the last data row +1 past the row of the "last
cell" but the last cell remains in the same relative location.