Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SueG SueG is offline

Default Conditional formatting affects text as well as values

Thanks for the reply

"Max" wrote:

.. but it also changes the colour of my column heading text to green.

Excel simply evaluates any text as being greater than any real num, that's
why. You could just remove the CF applied in the header row, as per Jerry's
response.
--
Max
Singapore
"SueG" wrote:
I'm using Excel 2003. I have a column of order totals. I have applied
conditional formatting to make any values <500 red and =2500 green. This
works fine but it also changes the colour of my column heading text to green.
Is this correct?