Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
aquaxander aquaxander is offline

Default Raw data output is poor excel format part 1

Hi,
I have data output from a different source which when it is placed in excel,
the first column (from up to down) has a site name, then a blank, then
certain dates in january (not all dates only those that have data relating to
it), then a "sum:" row, then the name of the next site and so on. This makes
it awkward to do pivot tables, etc. There are over 1,000 sites. If I insert a
column, can I somehow add the site name next to it's relevant 'dates' section
using a formula? Any other suggestions would be greatly received.