Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alojz Alojz is offline

Default Sorting Data

Sorry, I meant copy col C, not col B. But first u can copy and paste special,
values, the whole new data area to get rid of formulas, then use text to col
trick to get rid of all repeating labels (e.g. Name:, Tel:, etc.)

"Alojz" wrote:

Hi, the formula itself just makes ur data will be displayed in rows, company
by company. Insert one of formulas posted (all of them should work), through
col B-G.
As u can see, data are sorted, but still Name, Tel, e-mail and address are
in each row. To extraxt those, as they are repeating on each line, use text
to column trick. Add new column behind column C. Copy column B and paste
special on the same place as text. Then go to data, text to columns and split
the column using fixed width. (U do not need even add new column, just make
text to column, fixed width and do not insert splitted left part, just the
right hand one (from the original content of cell C2, e.g. Name: Mary, u will
get only the word Mary). Try and u will definitely see, what we are talking
about.

"MicMicHK" wrote:

Hi, Max, Alojz and Shane,

Thanks for all of you guys helping. I've got some concept now, but I don't
really understand start from he

"Freeze cols B to F with an "in-place" copy n paste special as value. Insert
new col C, then select col B, click Data Text to Columns, delimited, enter
a period for "Other" in step 2. Click Finish. And that should return the
exact results that you seek in cols B to G."

Especially "Freeze cols B to F with an "in-place" copy n paste special as
value."

Sorry for I'm too stupid, but please kindly explain more clearly, thanks a
lot.

"MicMicHK" wrote:

Hi, I have a text file which contains about 500 customers info, it's in a
format like this:

1. ABC Company
Name: Mary
Tel: 8391039
e-mail:
address: xxxxxxxxx

2. XYZ Company
Name: John
Tel: 88347899
e-mail:

address: xxxxxxxxx

What's the quickest way to change it into a format like this?

Company Name Tel e-mail address
1 ABC Com Mary ... som.. xxxxxxx
2 XYZ Com John ... Som... XXXXX

Doesn't have to be Excel, if others like Access can do the job, please
kindly tell me, thanks a lot!