Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Francis Francis is offline

Default How do I multiply (1 cell) times a rge of cells to a rge of cells

I think its the relative references that you are using,
try putting absolute references to your formula, example like

=$A$1*(B2:B10), A1 will not change if you copy the formula across
=A1*($B$2:$B$10), B2:B10 will not change, A1 will change to A2 if copy down
and A1 will change to B1 if copy across
=$A2*($B$2:$B$10), Col A will ne intact but row ref will change
etc......you may want to read this from the Help section, type absolute
reference
in the search for help.
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

"kenny" wrote:

I want to make a budget analysis we I can input a dollar figure in one cell
and multiply to times a range of cells. When I copy the formula excel
correlates the cells to the next in line.