Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alojz Alojz is offline

Default Sorting Data

Max, I slightly simplified ur formula in B1:
=offset($A$1;row(A1)*6+column(A1)-7,0)

regards,
Alojz

"Max" wrote:

Source data as posted assumed representative, running in A1 down
In B1: =OFFSET($A$1,ROWS($1:1)*6-6+COLUMNS($A:A)-1,)
Copy B1 across to F1, fill down as far as required to exhaust source data.
Freeze cols B to F with an "in-place" copy n paste special as value. Insert a
new col C, then select col B, click Data Text to Columns, delimited, enter
a period for "Other" in step 2. Click Finish. And that should return the
exact results that you seek in cols B to G.

Success?, click YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"MicMicHK" wrote:
Hi, I have a text file which contains about 500 customers info, it's in a
format like this:

1. ABC Company
Name: Mary
Tel: 8391039
e-mail:
address: xxxxxxxxx

2. XYZ Company
Name: John
Tel: 88347899
e-mail:

address: xxxxxxxxx

What's the quickest way to change it into a format like this?

Company Name Tel e-mail address
1 ABC Com Mary ... som.. xxxxxxx
2 XYZ Com John ... Som... XXXXX

Doesn't have to be Excel, if others like Access can do the job, please
kindly tell me, thanks a lot!