Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default stopwatch times

Hi,

You've gotten a lot of good stuff already.

I think your problem lies in the way you are entering the times - just
because you have the format set to [mm]:ss doesn't mean you can enter 12
minutes and 15 seconds as 12:15. Excel will assume this is hour and then
minutes. You need to tell Excel the hours, so 00:12:15 is what you would
enter.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Craig" wrote:

Excel 2007 cell formating - I need to enter stopwatch testing times in
minutes and seconds format. I have tried mm:ss and [mm]:ss. With both Excel
wants to add "12 hours" in front of and "AM" behind all the values I enter.
With the 12 hours the values will not graph correctly. These values are not
the result of a calculation. I simply want to enter the values directly onto
the spreadsheet and create a graph. How do I overcome this problem? Thank
you.