Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Roger is offline

Default Excel 2007 - Slow & can't run macros

Sorry for typo.
Yes I am working in xlsm type file.

Example
Saved & closed the file.
Started Excel
Opened the file
Clicked a single row and hit delete
Did nothing else
1:35 to delete the row.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

You have created a new file type xlsxm you should be using xlsm (four
digit last name.)

Then close the file and reopen it, below the ribbon you should see the
Security Bar, click Options, and choose Enable this content...

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Roger" wrote:

I have been running an involved spreadsheer for a number of years. Couple of
macros (not automatic) and lots of formula. Ran with few if any problems
under Excel 97 and 2003.
I am trying to run the same spreadsheet in 2007 and it just doesn't work.
I have gone to Trust Center and enabled macros ( The wording could lead one
to believe that Excel should not have macros)
Open the original 4MB .xls file
If I try and save it as xlsx I get warning about not being able to save in
macro-free file because of the VB project.
I try to save as macro-enabled xlsxm
When I re-open the xlsxm file every task such as row incert or cell copy
takes over a minute to complete.
I note that this xlsxm file is only 800k so do not know what happened to the
3.2MB worth of information.

How can I run macros under 2007?