Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
angelico angelico is offline

Default Conditional Sum

Very clear. Excellent. A shame that given the ability to filter by a color
they didn't allow a cell with a color to be used as an argument in "sumif"
Thanks
--
angelico

"Lerner" wrote:

Feedback if not clear or if it is!
Tx

"Lerner" wrote:

First, I'm not one of the experts in this group, as a matter of fact I'm new
at XL, but I improvise a lot, and as XL does not do
interpretation of colors, this is what I do:
In XL 2007 I can filter by color.(after auto filtering the data)
Then in any cell I apply this formula to SUM the amount in column F
=subtotal(9,F2:F4545)
change the ranges as needed.
NOW, if you need to count items then wait for the answer I posted previous to
your question( if that can be done).
We, however, need some light from the experts regarding these statements.
THANKS.
"angelico" wrote:

I should have been more precise. I have XL2007. My question is how? Thanks
--
angelico

"Lerner" wrote:

Only in XL 2007

"angelico" wrote:

Can I sum a column based on the colors of the cells. Thua add all red, all
gree, etc.
--
angelico