Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Date shows "00:00.0" rather than actual value

When you open an application using a window explorer by double clicking it is
the same as if you open the application and go to File menu and open the file.

So even if you want to view the file you can still open can import the file
in Excel. when you are already open the file in excel, importing is just
another way of viewing the file.

"Nigel" wrote:

Hi Sheeloo and Joel,

Thanks for the advice.

But there's no importing and exporting involved. The CSV file will stay in
CSV format, and I'm using Excel to open the CSV file that's all.

I'm looking at how I can manipulate the data in the CSV file so that upon
opening the file using Excel, the value will be shown as it is without
becoming "00:00.0".

"Nigel" wrote:

Hi, I have a CSV file with a date/time column.

A typical value is: "2009-03-01 00:00:00.000"

When I open the CSV with Excel, the cell shows "00:00.0".

How can I show the exact value in the cell without formatting the cell to
date/time format? I have tried putting the value (in the CSV file) in between
a pair of double quotes before opening it in Excel but it doesn't work.

Regards,
Nigel