Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Interpolation within a data table

Hi,

You told us what you don't want, but what do you want?

Also, VLOOKUP would not work with the sample you showed us because the 6.70
and 6.60 are not in your table.

If you put those values as the first column of the lookup table then IF what
you want is to have all vaules over 6.60 use the resutls of the 6.70 row then
change your formula to

=VLOOKUP(ROUNDUP(H1,1),A1:E10,2,False)

In this case the value 6.67 is in H1 and the lookup table is in A1:E10 with
A1:A10 containing the lookup values

A B C D E
6.60 13657 178.3 70.20 67.79
6.70 13886 179.9 70.16 67.68

If this helps, please clickt the Yes button,

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"hellmouthpirate" wrote:

I will try to explain this the best I can.

I have to do a calcualtion.
The answer to that calculation will then be used to look up data in a table.

For Example
A B C D
6.60 13657 178.3 70.20 67.79
6.70 13886 179.9 70.16 67.68

My calculated answer was 6.67.
How do I write a formula so that excel will return the corresponding values
for A B C & D for 6.67.

I have tried but the VLOOKUP function but it keeps returning the lower
values which is not what I want.

Yours hopefully
Simon