Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Check Excel file for Corruption?

Hi,

I think you should go with you feelings on this one. If the file is corrupt
they probably could not open it. Although its possible, I have never heard
of a file scrambing its own data, without a macro.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"dwillman" wrote:

Is there a utility or somehting that I can run against an Excel file to check
it for corruption? There are no errors or anyhting when you open the file,
but I have a user that has rows all messed up in a file and is saying that
"there is some sort of system issues that corrupted my file", althoug it
appears to me that he did somehting and tanked his file. Thanks for any
help that anyone can provide.