Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Password protecting worksheets

I think Eduardo meant for you to hide the sheet then protect the WORKBOOK.

If you protect the workbook with a password under
ToolsProtectionProtectWorkbook, users cannot unhide hidden sheets without
unprotecting the workbook.

You don't need to protect the worksheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:28:02 -0800, VANH1027
wrote:

I don't quite follow. I hide the sheet that I don't want seen and protected
and then protect the rest of the workbook? It won't let me protect the hidden
sheet without unhiding it.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
Once you hide the sheet you protect your worksheet, Tools protection,
protect worksheet

"VANH1027" wrote:

How can I password protect a hidden sheet so that you can only 'unhide' it
with a password? I'm using Excel 2003.