Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John John is offline

Default How do you disable password protection in Excel?

Hello,

I'm a Systems Administrator looking after about 150 desktop users, all with
Office 2007 Profession loaded.

We have a problem with some users assigning document passwords even though
it is against our corporate policy. The trouble is that if/when these users
leave the organization, their private password usually goes with them, and
the company ends up in a bind as a result.

We would like to completely disable the user's ability to set a password on
a document. Is this possible? We're running Active Directory, and have GPOs
created to push Office configurations out, but I cannot find an option that
would allow me to disable password protection.