Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Medegypt Medegypt is offline

Default How to convert Number into words in EXCEL same or a new cell

"Rao AM" wrote:

Hi Norman,

Thanks a lot. I am through with the conversion of numbers to words using
insturctions ginven at http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;259663
I shall explore your other tips also.

Regards,
Rao AM

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Rao,

You could download Laurent Longre's MoreFunc addin which is freely
downloadable at:

http://xcell05.free.fr/

The addin includes the NBTEXT function which converts a positive number into
spelled-out text (supports 13 languages).

Also see:
'How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel'

and
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;259663
'How To Convert Currency or Numbers into English Words'

In the latter cases, if you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to
visit David McRitchie's 'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined
Functions' at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Rao AM" <Rao wrote in message
.. like for a cell content of 3,456 I want this to appear in text as '
Three thousand four hundered fifty six'. Is it possible through some
Format
cell command in same cell or by copy - paste special type into a new cell
?
Thnaks,
Rao AM